So, you’re ready to move? Awesome! I’m sure you’ve been talking to a lot of people, reading a bunch of brochures and visiting various towns across Orange County. But have you considered Dana Point? It’s my favorite town in Orange County. If you love the beach, if your looking to live somewhere with a small town feel but big town luxury amenities, if you want to move somewhere safe with great schools or if your looking for a town that supports an active outdoor lifestyle, then look no further than Dana Point.
Why should I move to Dana Point?
- Unique small town character. Dana Point isn’t a cookie cutter Orange County town. It was described by its namesake, Richard Henry Dana Jr., as “the most romantic spot in California.” We couldn’t agree more. It’s a small town centered around its beautiful Harbor, which provides stunning sunsets, unbeatable ocean views, world class dining and shopping, as well as every water activity imaginable. The residents of Dana Point also make it special. Just like R.H. Dana, they take great pride in their town and work hard to preserve its beauty. They love to celebrate the town’s unique attributes with festivals and activities. When you decide to move to Dana Point, you’ll be greeted by friendly faces who love the town as much as you do.
- 70 Degrees Fahrenheit. Dana Point homeowners enjoy the mild Mediterranean climate of Dana Point. The winters never fall far below 55 degrees and the summers don’t get much higher than 75. You can surf, bike, swim, ride bikes and go boating just about any day of the year!
- Stunning views. Many Dana Point homes are located on cliffs and overlook the Pacific Ocean. Imagine waking up to sites of the crashing white water and frolicking dolphins, then ending your night in front of a gorgeous ocean sunset.
- Annual Festival of Whales. Dana Point is famous as a prime whale watching location. Residents celebrate these grand mammals every March with the Festival of Whales. This is just one of many events held throughout the year. The Doheny Blues Festival, Tall Ships Festival, Turkey Trot, Holiday Boat Parade, Dana Point Harbor Boat Show and Shakespeare by the Sea are annual events that entertain residents and guests alike, show off local talent and create a strong sense of community. People from all over the county come to these events, but many residents of Dana Point live within walking distance and don’t have to deal with traffic and parking!
- Disneyland. Dana Point is just 30 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth. Its centrally located and just a short drive to Knott’s Berrry Farm, the Honda Center, Angels Stadium, Discovery Science Center, the Irvine Spectrum, the Shops at Mission Viejo, San Clemente Pier, Laguna Playhouse and a variety of other Southern California attractions. Located in Southern Orange County, Dana Point is also a short drive to San Diego and all that it has to offer.
- Dana Hills High School. DHHS is a California Distinguished School, National Blue Ribbon School, and home of the South Orange County School of the Arts. Its one of many quality schools in Dana Point, which is part of Capistrano Unified School District‘s jurisdiction.
- Family Oriented atmosphere. Dana Point is a great place to raise a family. Award winning schools, easy access to fantastic medical facilities like CHOC, and a low crime rate well below the state and county average, ensure your children will be protected and well taken care of while living in Dana Point. Family friendly activities, parks, the beach, and outdoor recreational activities give kids great opportunities to learn, play, and make new friends.
- Dana Point Harbor. The Harbor is one of the best things about living in Dana Point. Whether your going down there to take your boat out, have a BBQ with family, attend a festival, learn about oceanography at the Ocean Institute, have a romantic dinner at The Chart House , kayak, or just watch the sunset on the Jetty, there is always something to do for everyone. The Harbor is right next to Doheny State Beach, which is a great place for surfing, swimming, beach volleyball and bike riding.
- Luxurious Living. Dana Point offers some of the best luxury amenities in Orange County. Dana Point houses are absolutely stunning. Many boast top of the line craftsmanship, breath taking views and gorgeous landscaping. Its like living in a resort 24/7. Then of course, there are the actual resorts like the St. Regis which offer world renowned spas, delicious dining and unforgettable visits for your guests (or you if you just need a change of scenery.) If you have a refined palette you’ll love the premier restaurants throughout the city including the Wind and Sea, Cannons and Salt Creek Grille. And of course, it wouldn’t be a luxury town without boutique shops where residents can purchase anything from clothing and jewelry to paintings and housewares.
- A healthy, active outdoor lifestyle. The Dana Point community supports an active healthy lifestyle. The beach and harbor provide opportunities for boating, surfing, swimming, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, boogie boarding, and jet skiing. If you don’t know how to do any of that stuff, don’t worry. There are a variety or shops that give lessons and rent equipment for beginners. Outside of the water, you can play beach volleyball, go bike riding, walk along a walking trail, go to the park or do yoga on the beach. Plus, there are a variety of healthy restaurants and cafes that provide delicious food. Plus, the year round perfect weather means you’ll never have to delay your outside exercise because of a snow storm.
So there you have it, 10 reasons to move to Dana Point. If you have more questions about the community, feel free to ask in the comments below or email Andrea. Also, check out our featured listings page to find Dana Point Homes for sale. If you need an agent to help you navigate Dana Point Real Estate, call Dana Point Realtor Andrea Ballesteros at 949-690-5159